Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shards

I took off my shoes and flung them away
Over a distance of several yards
And overconfidently sprinted halfway down
A path embedded with crystal shards.

Their blinding glint would make it easier
For disaster to bushwhack me,
To add to my feet getting pierced
And causing agony.

I think about the aftermath,
Then about the thick, firm sole each shoe hath…
They wouldn’t yield to even the most gruesome wrath,
And could vanquish the zillion crystal shards on the path.

I tread back to the shoes,
Cautiously, but with newborn zeal,
Fetch them and strengthen myself
As my wounded feet heal…

I return to the path of the splinters of glass,
Big and small, forever ready to harass…
Now armed with all the resistance that I did amass,
Cent percent ready to show my true class…

No comments:

Post a Comment