Sunday, March 24, 2019

Imagination

Imagination opens wide its door
Takes me by surprise, sweeps me off the floor
I think I know enough to not be intimidated
But the imagination has me entirely captivated

Imagination continues to roll
Drags me deeper into the rabbit hole
I realise the hollowness of the sights and sounds
But the imagination presents yet another round

Imagination makes my worlds switch
A long canvas with fantasies vividly stitched
I seek solace from ghosts of situations past
But the imagination ensures that some of them last

Imagination comes at a cost
Taking its toll as I try to not get lost
I look for an escape from this state
But the imagination makes it difficult to navigate

Imagination continues to show its clout
For some relief, it temporarily lets me get out
I want to be firm and not get swayed
But the imagination shows that it is here to stay

Imagination is well aware of its might
Will always hang around, often wrong, rarely right
I continue striding through the better and the worse
But the imagination runs by my side with another universe

No comments:

Post a Comment